Sunday, April 6, 2014

4 Week Fat Burner

This is a modification of coach Dan John's 10,000 swing workout.  I did this with my wife over the Christmas holiday as a way to minimize holiday damage.  The conditioning effect was significant.  My heart rate recovery improved tremendously during this time.  I added 6 inches to my long jump, 30 pounds to my hip hinge strength, and 30 lbs of force to my grip strength.  My wife went from 22% to 16% bodyfat.  It was a great way to spend those cold, dark days of winter.  It would also make a nice kick start to a pre-summer fat loss plan. 

Don't underestimate the impact of this volume though.  There is a 2-4 week lead in period.  If you are not doing swings regularly, do the lead in workout or you will regret it!  Take good care of you hands.  That was the most difficult part of the 4 weeks.  It was a daily task to keep my hands in good shape.  It was worth it though. 


P.S.  Here is a little secret.  This workout is not really about fat loss, although many people have that experience.  The primary purpose of this workout is repetition and patterning of the hip hinge movement, along with training the usually neglected hamstrings and glutes.  I credit this workout with finally fixing my deadlift.  Pay attention to the swing form and you may have a similar experience.

4 Week Fat Burner


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 Strength Training Program - Designed by Mukund | ToS | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

Hide
X