Monday, March 26, 2012

Mini Platform

Trying to clear out some wood in the garage I decided to build a mini platform, if you want to call it that. I will be able to use this for deficit deadlifts, as well as rack pulls, and squat lockouts, if I so choose. I'm sure there are other uses but that is what I can come up with right now. Though I don't actually show you how to build it, I think you can figure it out based on the video if you want to make one yourself.


HOMEMADE MINI LIFTING PLATFORM


Th construction of this thing is just basic stuff and I'm sure you need no explanation. I had four scraps of 4x4 so I took the shortest one and cut them all to that length. Then I measured my deadlift stance width and cut the 2x4 boards to make the platform wide enough for my needs. Then I screwed it all together, traced the outline of it on my scrap of plywood and cut that out and screwed it down. Nothing fancy. You can see everything you need to know in the video.

This creates a rather nasty deficit as it's over 3 inches in height. But I could always rest the loaded barbell on some plates laid flat on the floor to raise the bar up a bit.

I don't mention it in the video but I realized I could do squat lockouts with this as well. By standing on the platform I am effectively tall enough to then quarter squat without walking the bar out of the stands. In other words, squat lockouts. I'm more of a fan of heavy supports, which is to say just standing there with the heavy ass bar on your back, so I may never use this platform for squat lockouts. 

Power shrugs, as some people call them, are basically the same setup as rack pulls so this would work for them as well.

- Carl


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 Strength Training Program - Designed by Mukund | ToS | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

Hide
X