Friday, November 30, 2012

Homemade Secret Weapon

For those who don't know, I'm a bit of a Grip Strength Fan!
I love training grip and enter competitions to test my strength
One of the common events in grip comps is closing grippers




Not the kind you find with plastic handles that come with skipping ropes, but the big torsion/spring loaded type (the pic here is of a Vulcan Gripper from David Horne's World of Grip and is in my opinion the Daddy of All Grippers!)

To train for grippers the best device is the gripper itself, however there is device that is also great for training hand strength and hence gripper strength and that is The Secret Weapon

To go ahead and buy a Secret Weapon would cost quite a bit of cash, however I've been coming up with a few homemade versions of this Grip Machine (which I haven't put into practice yet), but have found somebody has already made one (and very good it is too)

The principle is very simple, the device mimics the closing of the hand like when you close a gripper but allows you to microload the weights.

 
Materials Required a fairly straight forward:
Wood
Pipes
Bolts and weights

Check out the original forum post here

Very soon I will share with you an idea that is very similar to this that has escalated my hand strength and costs just pennies

DIY Grip strength, diy secret weapon, homemade secret weapon, secret weapon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 Strength Training Program - Designed by Mukund | ToS | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

Hide
X